Saturday, August 04, 2007

It's raining, it's pouring...

One of the last days with the familia in town, and naturally it's raining. I decided to take a hiatus for a while and go home...you know to make love to the Internet like I usually do for hours every day. No matter what I'm doing, I have to have my Internet time. I'd die without it.

Plus, I really don't want to be cooped up all day in my parents' very small house occupied with way too many people. I almost went ballistic yesterday, so let me explain.

"The next food network star", I mean my 6-year old niece, continues to berate me with her picnics. This includes explanation of how she makes everything. EVERY STEP COUNTS. Good for her, she's got a great imagination, but I really don't need to know her version of key lime pie. Especially six times a day.

Then, the little one, so cute, but man. She cried through the entire dinner last night. For no good reason. It was such a good dinner too, so very delicious and nutritious since my mom made it, but I couldn't enjoy it. I even contemplating doing very drastic things to get whatever was bothering the baby to go away. Puke on her head, perhaps? Maybe that would be a good enough distraction. I don't know. I'm obviously no mother.

Now that I've vented I guess I feel a little bad about being so negative about my family on here. It's just that I don't really know how my sister does it. With all the screaming and whining, there come a lot of hugs and kisses too. Those are nice. And maybe my little chef of a niece will actually be a chef someday somewhere fancy and I can eat there for free. That would be nice too.

On a more figurative note, a downpour of attention is coming from an extremely unexpected source. My old ex, the one that I thought I could marry for a while, is suddenly back in touch. He wants to play the "what if" game. I think he's setting himself up for disaster. So what do I do? I've been told by some to ignore. But I think that would be rude. The thing is, I'm so damn happy we're not together it will probably hurt his feelings. Is there any other recourse, though?

No comments: