Thursday, September 27, 2007

Avoid, avoid, avoid!

I'm such a procrastinator. I think it would do me a lot of good to have a computer without the Internet, so I could write papers for school without being tempted to do something else...like blogging. ;) Oh well.

**Just now a wave of guilt so intense comes over me that I actually just opened up Microsoft Word. There's a start.**

When the summer started coming to an end, I was pretty sad about it. It was so fun to not do much of anything and relax for once, but now that I'm getting into the swing of things, I'm starting to enjoy the busier side of life.

First, it's good to work out at least twice a day. Sometimes it's 4-5 times per day, and that gets a little exhausting, but it's still fun. I feel kinda bad, but especially with spin classes, I'm learning how to fake it pretty well. I still work, but not nearly as hard as the days I have more energy. I especially have to do this on Wednesdays since I teach two spin classes in a day, plus two others. Generally my nutrition habits are getting better as well. I'm not sure if I will ever rid myself of the sweet tooth, though. :D

Some of my classes this semester are a total bummer. I think I will have to change my major, since I'm finding out that my initial declaration was made without much knowledge of the subject and a much different perspective. Switching to Exercise and Sport Science will be a good move. I'm on a good track either way, though. That's a good change for once!

I'm so glad and proud of my most recent 'epiphany' about relationships. I feel that for many reasons, too many to list at the moment, my ideas about relationships and how they work are coming to a realistic perspective. One that I can deal with in a healthy way. I thought about that a lot especially last night after seeing the movie Becoming Jane. It was a great movie, and I especially liked the ending. I guess I never thought about Jane Austen's perspective after reading her books and seeing the movies based on them. They all have such a fairytale quality to them that is so enchanting. But you know what? Jane never found that in real life. Maybe I will, maybe I won't, but one thing I do know is that I am a complete person right here, by myself, and on my own. The other is that I'm excited to meet the world with a brand new perspective of hope; for myself and for those around me.

It is definitely a good day. Now, back to homework. It's actually started, so I had better finish!

No comments: