Wednesday, October 24, 2007

A sigh of relief.

Mid-terms are over for me and I wasn't sure if I would make it through in one piece. I got one test back today and did pretty well on it, so cross your fingers for me...let's hope they all turn out that way! I think I just might be getting in the swing of things for the semester. Too bad it's half over already!

It was funny that today in my anatomy lab (the class that is kicking my butt harder than it's ever been kicked in my short history) we only received eight muscles to memorize. There is a lot to memorize for each, but the fact that we only have eight...that seems so easy compared to previous units. Oh the joys of perspective!

I've been having some serious issues with financial aid, and am now in a position where I need to decide how worth it school will be. My first semester back, I was able to get a lot of grants, but no dice for the rest of my undergrad, as far as I know. It's back to the financial aid office to see what else I can do, before I start incurring huge amounts of debt. I guess they're not too huge, but it's still more than I had ever expected. As an independent adult student, I was told that there was a lot of help out there...I guess a lot of that information was wrong. :( Wish me luck with all those dollar signs.

I've kept this site fairly anonymous, but I'm too excited to not post the link to my band's website...we just recorded our original songs and I thought some of you might want to give them a listen. I'm proud of every one of them, as we try to write songs as a group, so I have creative input for every one. I also wrote the lyrics for 'Fight' and 'Sometimes' so I'm especially proud of those two. Let me know what you think! :) Oh yeah, and they were recorded in a friend's basement...so don't expect studio quality sound. ;)

www.myspace.com/gingerpresley

1 comment:

Jackie B. said...

UGH! School Loans Suck!!! I don't know why they have to make it so difficult to make people smarter in this world. Good Luck with that!

I can't wait to check out your music! woo hoo!!!