Monday, February 05, 2007

A new leaf...

Even though I am no longer in my beloved office, I will keep my posts as an archive...mostly to remember exactly why I decided to come back to school as a 28 year old wannabe something or other...

So here I am, back at home. First, it's FUCKING COLD. The one winter I decide to come home and go to school where I have to walk everywhere it's colder than cold. Why is that? That's right, it's because I'm the luckiest woman on the planet. Got it.

Other than the horrendously chilly weather, things have really come into place in my hometown. Even though I don't really have any close friends yet, I feel pretty connected and feel that there is a lot of possibility with who I associate with. People actually call back 'round here in these parts...and it's absolutely refreshing.

One of the things I'm most excited about is being in a band. Yes, a BAND. We even performed this weekend, so I'm officially a rock star. For real. Yes, I'm a local rock star, with no label, but I'm a rock star nonetheless. I don't care what you say. And the band...the beloved band is all women. With all female groups, you never know quite how long they will last, but we're all so laid back it works well...at this point I'm pretty confident that all the members are really excited and willing to work hard...because being a rock star really is a beautiful thing.

Of course I would never let anything like being showered with compliments make my ego grow to exponential sizes, but really...it's so nice to be able to be good at something and share it with others. Plus the parties are kick ass! Ha!

This is really an update of sorts, I've been itching to blog, so hopefully some more funny anecdotes will be floating along here soon....(and if they don't, just remember I'm inherently lazy and decided to forget about it!)

No comments: