Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Once upon a time...

...I wrote a blog and it was fun. Life has been hectic, and I am full of excuses.

A lot has been happening lately, including the start of a new semester, and it seems harder and harder to acclimatize, especially in the winter. Here in the heartland, we have experienced the hardest winter just about ever. It started early, and is still in full swing with sub-zero temperatures and tons of snow. At least the sun came out today. I thought I just might die on Monday, it had been so long since I had seen sunshine. I have also had to really adjust my attitude since it was getting me down. It's time to look on the bright side of life!

So here are some things that make me smile/get excited:

My roommate's note on our electric bill (in red sharpie marker): I HATE XCEL ENERGY AND ALL OF THEIR REPUBLICAN FREINDS!!

Eating Valentine's Day truffles

Receiving Valentines vial snail mail from pals

Eating Taco Bell

Pancakes with peanut butter AND maple syrup on top (if you haven't tried this, then you're missing out. It's absolutely sinful)

Jim Gaffigan and his musings on Bacon and Hot Pockets

These are just a few. More to come! I hope everyone is having a sunshine day! :D

3 comments:

Jackie B. said...

glad to see you are trucking along. I hope Spring gets to you soon!

Team Korte said...

Yeah, it is shitty out here too! Hopefully your air is breathable.

FYI, I love Jim Gaffigan's thoughts on the vegatarian's that is the best.

Ape said...

March is getting closer everyday! We had a gorgeous monday here in SLC, GO TANNING....that makes me feel better. love apes